Welcome to “Two Truths and a Lie” – the game that will test your deception skills and reveal fun and interesting facts about your friends! Whether you’re at a party, a work retreat, or just hanging out with friends, this game is the perfect icebreaker to get everyone laughing and talking.
The game requires strategy, clever storytelling, and a poker face to win, so prepare yourself for some fun and friendly competition. So, do you think you can spot a lie? Let’s find out!
Play “Two Truths and a Lie” online
It’s now easier than ever to play “Two Truths and a Lie” with our online game. You don’t need to worry about coming up with interesting facts on the spot – our online version will do that for you.
Choose a category – such as “Random,” “Wild Times”, or “Dirty” – and our game will generate a set of three statements for you.
All you have to do is choose three statements — two of which are true and one that is a lie. Then, it’s up to your opponents to determine which statement is the lie. Think you can fool them?
How to Play “Two Truths and a Lie”
Playing this classic party game is easy! All you need to play are at least two people - but the more, the merrier! Here’s a quick rundown of how to play:
1. Decide on a category
As a group, decide on a category — personal experiences, random facts, or anything else that comes to mind. If you play with our online game, you can choose from the categories already available.
2. Decide who goes first
You can either choose who goes first by picking a name from a hat, playing a round of rock-paper-scissors, or any other fair method. The easiest option is to let the youngest player go first.
3. Tell your two truths and a lie
The first player should come up with three statements – two that are true about themselves and one that is false.
- I’ve never ridden a roller coaster before.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is mint.
- I’ve received a speeding ticket before.
If you’re playing with our online version: Our game will generate random statements for you based on the chosen category. If some statements don’t fit your personal experience, click “Next”, and you’ll get three new ones.
4. Guess the lie
Once the first player has stated their three statements, it’s up to the other players to guess which statement is a lie. Each player can ask questions about the statements or simply make a guess.
5. Reveal the lie and score points
After everyone has made their guesses, reveal the lie. Did anyone guess correctly? Whoever guessed the lie correctly gets a point. If nobody guessed correctly, the player who stated the statements gets a point.
6. Take turns and keep playing
Now it’s the next player’s turn to come up with two truths and a lie. Continue playing until everyone has had a chance to go or set a time limit for the game.
7. The player with the most points wins!
The player with the most points at the end of the game wins! You can continue playing for multiple rounds or switch up categories to keep things interesting.
“Two Truths and a Lie” game rules
Of course, with every game comes a set of rules. While this fun group game is all about creativity and humor, there are a few guidelines to remember to ensure everyone has a good time.
1. Practice honesty: While the point of the game is to deceive your opponents, make sure you’re not outright lying about severe or sensitive topics. Keep it lighthearted and fun for all.
2. Stick to your chosen category: Ensure everyone is on the same page and only shares statements related to the agreed-upon category (e.g., relationships, travel, work experiences, etc.). This will keep the game fair and eliminate any confusion.
3. Keep track of points: To determine the winner, make sure someone is keeping track of everyone’s points throughout the game. The winner can then claim their title and bragging rights!
4. Stay respectful: While humor is encouraged in this game, ensure that your statements are respectful and not offensive or harmful towards others. Remember, the goal is to keep everyone engaged and having a good time.
5. Use unique experiences: Draw from the well of unique experiences in your life to craft your statements. Do you have a bizarre talent, or have you been to an unusual place? These are perfect fodder for creating statements that will have your opponents scratching their heads.
However, while being creative and original, ensure you don’t reveal any personal information you are uncomfortable sharing. After all, the key is to have fun!
6. What happens in the game stays in the game: Remember, this game is all about having fun and getting to know each other better. So, let’s keep any revelations or discussions within the game, alright? 😇